Mar 14, 2012

wall vase

I made these wall vases for my dining room that I recently updated. I will have more on the complete dining room later, but I thought these wall vases were a great addition to the room.









To make:
first. Pick up these supplies: a 2x8 piece of wood cut in to two 18 inch pieces. Two 3/8 inch ceiling flange. Two 3/4 split ring hanger. Four 12x1 1/4 wood screws. 3/8 inch threaded rod cut in to two three inch pieces. Two saw tooth picture frame hooks. Two glass bottles. Flowers.
second. Stain your two wood pieces.
third. Attach the saw tooth picture frame hooks on the back.
fourth. Screw on the ceiling flange.
fifth. Screw in the threaded rod then screw on the split ring hanger.
sixth. Attach the bottle and the flowers. When you open the split ring hanger, put in the bottle then you screw the split ring hanger shut. Make sure not to tighten it too much, I almost cracked my bottle.
These are my "springtime" flowers. I like that I have the option to switch them out throughout the year.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. These are amazing! You have to come back over and at this to the link party. I forsee a feature! www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-2.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I bet you could buy these for a ton of money at some fancy shop, but yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Industrial/country/classy! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! Thanks for the great tutorial....you make it look pretty simple! Saw you over at School House Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO Cute I love it! New follower from The Grant life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these and the way they are displayed on either end of your photos seriously ricks!I would be so totally excited if you came over to link up at my party going on all weekend!
    Kim
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/03/get-schooled-saturday-14-list-plan-it-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these wall vases. I saw someone do them this way a couple months ago and loved them. I screwed mine in to my wall and love them but wish I had put them on wood instead. I've had them for over a year and feel it's almost time for a change so I may do them this way after I paint my kitchen. I love how easy they are to update. Just switch the flowers and Viola! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you shared these at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family. These will be featured this week! I can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous!! I am so impressed, and i love your photography! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so so pretty! I just shared it on our Facebook page! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial. These are really cute!

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. so i've always liked this idea, but never really enough to actually want them in my own home....until i saw yours.
    i really love these! with the bottle they look so cute. i'm definitely going to have to try my hand at this. LOVE IT!!
    thanks for linking up :)
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! They are so beautiful next to the pictures of your babies. Thanks for linking up to Cutesy Monday!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so so so cute! And seems simple! Im going to have to get my hubby on this project ASAP! Defiantly pinning this one :)

    Ps.. thanks for linking up last week! You were one of the most viewed links! Check it out tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...